Flatbed and Dump Trailer Hauling
Flatbed and Dump Trailer Hauling

CDL Drivers Wanted

Cason Transport is always looking for safe, qualified CDL drivers

If you’d like to be a CDL driver for our team,  use our easy ONLINE FORM, or submit your application to Cason via US Mail, or email us at [email protected].

PO BOX 428

Applicants must possess a valid New York State CDL that is free of moving violations.

If you are interested , please submit an application to Cason along with a resume and Driver’s abstract from DMV.

The Request for DMV Records (MV-15) form describes additional records that you may request

  • driver license application
  • ticket disposition (conviction)
  • driver license suspension or revocation order
  • photocopy of a ticket or summons
  • vehicle registration application
  • vehicle registration suspension or revocation order

Please note that you should be proficient in the use of tractor trailer dump trucks, flat beds and junk/scrap haulers.

Cason Transport Driver Application to Print, Mail or Fax

What do I need to do to get a CDL?

  • Get the NYS Commercial Driver’s Manual (CDL-10) online or from a DMV office or call center. Study the sections of the manual that apply to the type of CDL you need. The sections of the manual that you need to study are explained in the manual. The manual describes the classes, the restrictions, and the endorsements of CDL drivers. This information is also included on the Driver License Class Descriptions (MV-500C).
  • Apply for a commercial learner permit at a DMV office. You must pass the written test for the CDL that you need. There is an application fee of $10.00. This fee allows you to take all written tests (knowledge and endorsement) required for permit and license issuance applied for which are taken at the same time. There will be an additional $5 fee for any other required tests not taken and passed at the time of initial application. There is a fee of $40.00 to take the CDL road test (skills test). You can pay the road test fee when the DMV office issues your commercial learner permit, or you can pay the fee online. You must pay the fee before you can schedule your road test.
  • Prepare for your road test and practice with a supervising driver. The supervising driver must have a driver license that is valid to drive the commercial motor vehicle that you use for practice.
  • Schedule your road test using the Road Test Scheduling System.  Please note that you can’t schedule an appointment for a date that is less than 14 days of being issued a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP). If you do not pass the road test, you must pay a fee of $40.00 before you can schedule another road test. You can pay the fee online with your credit card, or pay the fee at a DMV office.
  • New CDL driver restrictions defined below by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) may affect CLP holders when taking a Skills Test in a vehicle without full airbrakes and/or a manual transmission.
    • E – No Manual Transmission Equipped CMV
    • L – No Airbrake Equipped CMV
    • Z – No Full Airbrake Equipped CMV restrictions
  • If the vehicle used for your skills test has:
    • An automatic transmission, and this is your first road test in a commercial motor vehicle (CMV), you will be given an E restriction.
    • No form of airbrakes, and this is your first road test in a CMV, you will be given an L restriction.
    • Air over hydraulic brakes, and this is your first road test in a CMV, you will be given a Z.
      • If you have a CDL with an L restriction and you test in a vehicle with air over hydraulic brakes, you will be upgraded from an L to a Z restriction

Call Now Button